Selected Recent Publications:
1. Characterizing HIV-1 Splicing by Using Next-Generation Sequencing. Emery A, Zhou S, Swanstrom R. J Virol. 2017
2. Quantification of the Latent HIV-1 Reservoir Using Ultra Deep Sequencing and Primer ID in a Viral Outgrowth Assay. Lee SK, Zhou S, Baldoni PL, Spielvogel E, Archin NM, Hudgens MG, Margolis DM, Swanstrom R. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2017
3. Deep Sequencing of the HIV-1 env Gene Reveals Discrete X4 Lineages and Linkage Disequilibrium between X4 and R5 Viruses in the V1/V2 and V3 Variable Regions. Zhou S, Bednar MM, Sturdevant CB, Hauser BM, Swanstrom R. J Virol. 2016
4. Bottlenecks in HIV-1 transmission: insights from the study of founder viruses.
Joseph SB, Swanstrom R, Kashuba AD, Cohen MS. Nat Rev Microbiol. 2015
5. Primer ID validates template sampling depth and greatly reduces the error rate of next-generation sequencing of HIV-1 genomic RNA populations. Zhou S, Jones C, Mieczkowski P, Swanstrom R. J Virol. 2015
For a full listing of publications: